Tuesday, January 28, 2014

VDV Four Advent Day 22: Make Homemade Lollipops

One of our last advent days was making these delicious homemade lollipops. I purchased some Christmas sprinkles from Bulk Barn to use for our lollipop decorating. I set aside all of the lollipop sticks (also from Bulk Barn but you can buy them at Michaels as well) and candies in little containers, so once the candy was ready, we could work quickly before it hardened. Bug helped me measure out all of the ingredients and then while it was cooking I took over, as the ingredients got quite hot. Once it was near the 310 degrees Fahrenheit on the candy thermometer, I told Bug to go sit at our decorating station and get ready. Once the temperature was reached, I brought the pot to our working area and I quickly scooped out the hot candy into circle blobs on our parchment paper lined pans. Bug stuck his lollipop stick in the bottom of the circles and then decorated to his heart's content. These were so good...we loved this. We put the completed projects in multiple little bags and gave them away as gifts. One of Bug's best buddies joined in this fun day.
Francis got into some mischief overnight, and toilet papered our blinds and TV....bad elf!

No comments:

Post a Comment