Thursday, December 19, 2013

VDV Four Advent Day 4: Decorating the Boys' Rooms

This activity was a favourite of Bug's last year. We put Christmas lights around his bed frame, but this year we added a little craft activity for their door. We made snowman door signs with their names out of paper plates. This craft was super cheap, as I bought the paper plates and ribbon from Dollarama, used a black marker I had at home, some brown cardstock and a few pieces of felt. Our activity this day was also a writing lesson in disguise, as I got Bug to write the letters in their names on the plates. I cut out the felt and cardstock pieces for the snowman's hat, scarf, nose and arms; but Bug helped me glue it all together (I used the ribbon for the frame work to glue the plates vertically, where the lettered plates became a part of the snowman's body). Both of the boys were pretty happy with the final results hanging from their doors.
Then, of course we needed to put the Christmas lights in the boys' rooms. Another big hit, yet again this year! I love bringing these simple joys to my boys!

Francis chilling in a hammock while watching the boys' behaviour.


No comments:

Post a Comment