Thursday, December 19, 2013

VDV Four Advent Day 3: Write a Letter to Santa

This Advent day was an easy activity, as I came off my first night, slept during the day and then worked my second night. So it needed to be an activity that could be finished quickly between the time I woke up and getting ready for supper. What better activity than to write a lovely letter to Santa...and of course giving Bug some more practice with his writing. He also loves drawing his version of monsters...they are pretty scary, hey?! Bear obviously isn't writing yet, but he's really getting into "drawing". I use that term loosely because it's more of a fascination with seeing the coloured marks left after he scrapes the pen, marker, etc onto the paper. So Bear drew Santa a nice scribble! He was also being a goof and taking off his Santa hat, only to try and put it back on in ridiculous ways!
Bug's letter for Santa was so cute. I just asked him what to say and then we worked on the words individually. He isn't quite at the writing level to write a sentence or thought out, as he doesn't have a lot of word recognition. So with each word, I just told him what letter to write next, and we plucked away at completing the letter.
And Francis this morning, was trying to be like Mike, getting some air!

No comments:

Post a Comment