Friday, December 20, 2013

VDV Four Advent Day 5: Baking Santa Hat Cupcakes

The VDV four like to bake...whether it's the actual process or the eating the baked goods in the end, it's something we enjoy doing together. Bug loves to measure out what we need, and watching him make sure the measuring cup is level is probably one of the cutest things to see. And of course, you can't pass up the joy in getting to lick the spoon or bowl...another favourite of the boys.
This baking advent day was making cupcakes and decorating them with icing Santa hats. The recipe I used was actually for a chocolate cake; however, it is so moist, I adapted the baking time so I could use it as my go-to cupcake recipe (my oven cooks them perfectly at 15 minutes). They were really yummy, maybe a little too much icing, so making mini cupcakes for this idea might be better. But they were so cute and the boys loved them!
Francis was upset that his snowman didn't survive inside :(

No comments:

Post a Comment